Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bernice (My Twin Sister)

One of the most gracious gestures I’ve ever witnessed was when Bernice read this story out loud.

Beatrice, her twin sister, was sitting across from Bernice, hearing these words for the first time along with the rest of the class. I wish you could all be at the table. I think my mouth was open in awe for the entire minute. It’s the kind of moment that defines life itself because it contains nothing but pure love.

Bernice Moore
June 17 , 2010
My Twin Sister

Me and my twin sister were born the same day. We've had a lot of fun meeting people here in class and I love my sister very much. She knows a lot of things. She is the mother of 12 children and I am the mother of 11. We have a lot of fun with our children and grand and great children. She is a great dancer. She writes beautiful poems. We will both be 77 tomorrow and I am thankful that God let us live as we have.