Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Isadora (The Best Day of My Life So Far)

Back in October, we mourned the passing of Isadora’s daughter from cancer. I thought I should check in and let you all know that Isadora has been so resilient and strong and doing very well.

She still starts every story with, “The sun is shining.” Sometimes, she even dials the sunshine up another notch: “The best day of my life so far is today. The sun is shining today – very brightly.”

Click Here to see Isadora’s final note to her daughter, (or as she calls it, “the song I sang to my daughter”) and Here to find out the impact it had on a family all the way in Montreal.

Read on for a couple of Isadora’s recent stories, including her response to the inspired Montreal reader. Knowing that she was able to inspire someone even in her loss gave Isadora so much comfort – you can just hear it in her voice.

And then, read on some more, to see a beautiful note from Tanya, our team’s Copy Editing Coordinator, back to Isadora. The sunshine of Isadora’s daughter lives on.

Isadora Fields
2.23.2012
The Best Day of My Life So Far

The best day of my life so far is today. The sun is shining today very brightly. I am looking for an apartment. I have heard of several apartments. I hope I can find one close to Center City. I have lived in Center City all my life. I used to walk home from school every day. Except when the weather was bad I would be with my girlfriends. We would be laughing and talking all the way home. All of my friends are now dead. I keep in contact with their children now. I don’t have any biological grandchildren. There are several children who call me grandmom. I keep in contact with them.


Isadora Fields
1.12.2012
The Sun is Shining

The sun is shining. 

Benita said someone said the song I sang to my daughter, “You are my sunshine” inspires them.  I think about my daughter all the time.  She was the sunshine of my life.  She was my only child.  We did so many things together.  I remember when we went to Colorado for the graduation of LeToya Kinard.  It was a beautiful day. 

I will be moving soon into a new apartment in Germantown.  It has two bedrooms.  I probably will be there by myself or with my grandson David.


1.18.2012
Volunteer’s Response

Hi Isadora,
Yes, I forwarded your poem on to a friend of mine who lost her daughter last year, as well.  She said it was beautiful and made her cry.  I know there is nothing one can say to ease the sadness in your heart.   Look back on the good times and hold dear what she has left in your care – a grandson to cherish.

Tanya, Copy Editing Coordinator
The Best Day of My Life (So Far)