Sunday, July 24, 2011

Surprise Note from... West Africa!

Once in a while, you guys surprise us with notes that sweep us off our feet. Your words give us so much encouragement, did you know that? Last week, you did it again. Wattson, we later found out, now lives in West Africa. Click Here for the story that reconnected him across the world to his Favorite Teacher, who is one of the newer members of our class! Thank you, Wattson, for reaching out to us and letting us share your note here!

Date: Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 3:27 PM
From: Wattson Budinger

Hi

 - I was filling out an email form and it asked me for a security question, and one of the questions was 'Who was your favorite teacher?' and the first name that popped into my head was Ellis Zelmanoff. I did a google search and I found ‘The Best Day of My Life So Far' blog post he wrote, and I am happy to say that 
I was a student in Mr. Zelmanoff's first teaching job - 6th grade at Cramer Middle School in Camden in 1971 - 72. Small world!



Wattson Budinger

Click Here and Here to see some other moving notes you’ve sent us that we have never forgotten about. Inspired by what Wattson, Kathleen and Brenda have written, and feeling the urge to write us? The simplest way to do that is via Facebook: simply "Like" us Here and post a comment! Email is always welcome too! You can reach our PR Manager at Emily@thebestdayofmylifesofar.com. Hope to hear from you soon!